Born and raised in California, Mary Kirkendoll earned a BFA and MM in classical flute performance from music schools in New York, and a doctoral degree in flute from KU. Mary has had a serious yoga practice for over a decade, and received her Yoga Alliance teaching certification with Adrian Tartler at Siva Yoga, and continued her training with Kathleen Kastner to deepen her knowledge of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga. She has studied with leading yogis around the United States including Kino MacGregor and Tim Feldman at the Miami Life Center, David Swenson, David Williams, and Todd McLaughlin.
After moving back to Lawrence in 2014, Mary began practicing at the Kansas Zen Center, under the guidance of Zen Masters Stan Lombardo and Judy Roitman.
Mary is forever grateful to her primary teacher Waleah Norton at the Red Earth Yoga Center for introducing her to the beauty and power of Ashtanga Yoga. She lives with her husband, her mother, and her dog Mr. Sam.
Mary teaches: all Ashtanga classes, Vinyasa Flow, Beginner's Yoga
Fun Facts About Mary
- KU grad (Doctor of Musical Arts) ROCK CHALK!
- loves her dog Mr. Sam so much!
- enjoys every kind of physical activity imaginable - especially rock climbing, golf, surfing, snowboarding, gymnastics
- loves to swing on swings
- favorite food is a ripe, juicy tomato straight off the vine
- was in a movie with Martin Sheen and David Spade
- favorite movie is The Sound of Music